12/31/10

Prevention & Lifestyle Wellness in 2011




It was 2004 when prompted by then Editor of Canada's Healthy Living Guide, Sandra Tonn, that I wrote my very first article. It was supposed to be short, concise and 700 words. I couldn't do it! I had so much to say about Lifestyle Wellness and Prevention that it turned out to be a very loooooooooooong article. Although it was not eligible to be published, I am very proud of that article as it says everything that I am standing for and promoting as Health Adventure Coach. In summing up prevention, I've said it like this:


"Wellness is about TOTAL YOU; but it is not achieved by accident...just picking the dimension of wellness that you like and minimizing the others doesn't work in the long run. Optimal lifestyle wellness begins with a conscious, intentional decision/choice to assume responsibility for the quality of your life. It may mean raising your standards above what you have been comfortable with; it will require time, commitment, energy, motivation and attitude."

I encourage each of you to peruse my site, read the articles, click on the links and decide how you are going to take some Conscious, Intentional and Responsible Actions towards preventing dis-ease and poor health in your life (spirit, mind and body) in 2011. Let's have a consultation so you can gain some new or perhaps different perspectives and insights on ways you can begin doing this. Let's team up in 2011! Remember that Lifestyle Wellness = A Marriage of Health + Vitality.

Is this you? It CAN be you!

"I will not die an unlived life; I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, More accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance, To live so that which came to me as seed goes to the next as blossom, And that which came to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Source: Living Wide Open: Landscapes of the Mind Published in I Will Not Die an Unlived Lifeby Dawna Markova

"Don't ask what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go and do that because what the world needs is people who have come alive!" Harold Whitman



Rodale

No comments: