HH Resolution #1: Heart-Healthy Breakfast
Have you taken the time to decide on your Healthy-Lifestyle New Year's Resolutions?
Are your resolutions prompted by concerns for a specific illness or disease? Weight loss? Just healthy wellness?
Choosing resolutions to support heart health will benefit your overall health.
Eating a heart-healthy breakfast is a great first place to begin!
This morning, January 3 my breakfast consisted of:
- White Tea [Benefit: Due to it's high antioxidant activity, relaxes blood vessels, reducing oxidative stress]
[Benefits: Lowers risk of atherosclerosis by slightly raising HDL and slightly lowering LDL]
- Red Onion [Benefit: Increase blood circulation and improve cholesterol]
- Baby Portabello Mushrooms [Benefit: Contain selenium, a trace mineral which reduces free radicals which protects tissues from their damage]
- Carrots [Benefit: Deep orange color contains phytonutrients that fight cell aging]
- Brussel Sprouts [Benefit: Supports the body's detoxification system thus minimizing damage by free radicals]
- Broccoli: [Benefit: Contains high amounts of glucoraphianin which breaks down fat, preventing it from clogging arteries]
- Zucchini [Benefit: Contains Vitamins A & C, Potassium, Folate and Fiber, all which contribute to lowering stroke risk]
- Bosc Pear [Benefit: Contains 30% more potassium than an apple and is necessary for maintaining heartbeat and muscle contraction]
- Almonds [Benefit: Contains Vitamins E, Calcium, Magnesium and Potassium and unsaturated fat]
- Hard-Boiled Egg Whites [Benefit: Heart-healthy protein, no fat and low in calories]
Tea of the Month Club 6 Months