4/24/12

Tuesdays 'Green' Smoothie



With one look of this 'green' smoothie, you are probably saying to yourself, "Ummm....is Health Adventure Coach color-blind today?" Smile.

That's okay, I would as well.

This is a 'Green' smoothie because it contains fresh green leafy veggies and homegrown wheatgrass (in phot0) and parsley. PS - my dog eats wheatgrass too!

Other ingredients: 
  • 16 oz cold reverse osmosis water
  • 2 small avocados
  • 2 small lemons with peel on
  • 1 large apple
  • 1 cup mixed frozen berries: raspberry, blueberry, blackberry
  • 3/4  Stevita tsp for sweetening
The smoothie is very thick; we like it that way. To thin, add more water.

Place all ingredients in  Ninja Kitchen System 1100 and 'Blend' on power 2 for 10 seconds until all veggies are broken up. Then blend for up to 10 seconds on power 3 'Ice Crush' to liquify.

I enjoy making drinks and smoothies and sipping them throughout my day, especially when I am working at home or extra busy at home and don't want to take the time to make a salad. In a very few seconds with my Amazing Ninja, I can have 32-64 oz of a 'liquid salad', with all my servings of fruits and veggies for the day all combined together for quick and easy consumption.

For green smoothie detoxification, I highly recommend:



For more green smoothie ideas, I highly recommend:


Vibrant Living with Delcious Green Smoothies


For raw green food ideas, I highly recommend:

Best Selling Books and DVDs from the Raw Family


Raw Family Signature Dishes


No comments: