"Strawberries are the angels of the earth, innocent and sweet with green leafy wings reaching heavenward"
Springtime in Central Florida brings the infamous Plant City Strawberries to every Farmer's Market and it's exciting to think about new recipes to create and new healthy dishes to enjoy!
On this first day of April, I desired a light vinaigrette for my salad so on the way home from Church, we found a new produce stand on Hwy 98N in Highland City, FL and decided to check it out.
2 quarts piled-highs of strawberries for $4.00 was not to be resisted so they became the fruit base for my new vinaigrette recipe.
Strawberry Basil Poppy Seed Balsamic Vinaigrette
I started with my base salad:
- Romaine Lettuce
- Fresh thinly sliced pear
- Thinly sliced onion
- Thinly sliced red pepper
- 3/4 C Frangrante Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 dozen large Strawberries, washed and hulls removed
- 5 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 TBSP Raw Organic Blue and White Agave Syrup
- 12 large freshly-picked Basil Leaves
- 1/4 medium-sized Onion
- 1.5 TBSP Poppy Seeds
- 1/4 TSP Spike
- 1/8 TSP Black Pepper
1. Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor to blend slowly.
2. Check to see that all onion has been finely chopped and blended well into the liquid mixture. If not blended totally, set on a higher speed for 5 - 10 seconds.
Makes approximately 10-12 oz.
Pour vinaigrette over your salad.
* Optional: add walnuts or sliced almonds to top of salad for additional Omega 3 Essential Fatty Acids and Protein
If like me, you are more of a Vinaigrette-lover than a creamy dressing lover and you don't have the time to be inventive and creative, then you might enjoy this kindle version of Wonderful Vinaigrette. And GREAT news: If you don't have a kindle, as I don't, you can download Kindle for PC and read Kindle books on you r home PC or laptop! Now isn't that wonderful!? I think so!
More Vinaigrette Recipes & Products that you may enjoy:
And PLEASE, email me or comment on this blog how you liked the recipe, how you used it, how you may have altered it (no worries, I do this frequently!, that's the fun of it all!) etc. Love hearing from you!